At Creative Thinking Institute, software products are conceived and developed by agile, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team can set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of human physical and mental health, utilising innovative research and newly devised treatment protocols and guidelines.
Creative Thinking Institute builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern serverless tech stack - containerised applications running on AWS managed services - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Emphasis on automation, coupled with our decentralised, microservice architecture will enable us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence at scale.
Who are you:
- You have experience managing cloud infrastructure in AWS, or similar (We use AWS)
- You have built and deployed containerised applications and services to Lambda serverless environments (interacting with S3, CloudWatch, Dynamo DB, Athena, Sagemaker Studio)
- You enjoy automating manual tasks.
- You have worked in agile environments and are comfortable iterating quickly.
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with team members of varying skill sets and from different fields.
- The ideal candidate has significant expertise in the biomedical or clinical domain and is eager to apply his or her skills to improve patient outcomes.
What You Will Do:
- Analyse and integrate large diverse clinical, plus in the future molecular and imaging datasets to extract insights, and drive research opportunities.
- Design and prototype novel analysis tools and algorithms for predicting patient outcome and treatment response.
- Collaborate with product, science, engineering, and business development teams to build the most advanced data platform in precision medicine.
- Interrogate analytical results for robustness, validity, and out of sample stability.
- Document, summarise and present your findings to a group of peers and stakeholders.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have: (Required Skills)
- MS/PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistical genetics, cancer genetics, machine learning, bioinformatics, statistics, computational biology, applied mathematics, physics, or similar).
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, with a particular focus on understanding the intricacies of molecular or multi-modal data sets.
- Experience working with genomic, clinical, or imaging data.
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms, and ensemble methods, such as PCA, regression, deep neural networks, decision trees, gradient boosting, generalised linear models, mixed effect models, non-linear low dimensional embeddings and clustering.
- Proficient in Python and SQL.
- Experience with the following: Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-learn, Jupyter Notebooks, and a machine learning framework such as TensorFlow, SageMaker Studio, or PyTorch
- Strong programming skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and willing to shift priorities seamlessly.
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to diverse audiences.
- Team player mindset and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Goal orientation, self-motivation, and drive to make a positive impact in healthcare.
And if you've got some of this, even better: (Preferred skills)
- Strong peer-reviewed publication record.
- 2+ years of full-time employment or postdoctoral experience building and validating predictive models on structured or unstructured data.
- Experience working in a Linux / Mac and AWS cloud environments.
- Experience in agile environments and comfort with quick iterations.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with one of the many infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Docker, Ansible, Salt, Packer, Puppet, Chef, or similar.
- Familiarity with database design and tuning, especially with AWS Dynamo DB NoSQL.
- Proficiency with Python or another programming language – eg TensorFlow.
- Experience in Machine Learning and Data Analytics.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stipend to spruce up your home office - we work flexibly between home and our office based in East Melbourne
- Generous leave policy and self-care of yourself days. We call this investing in Self Super!
- Virtual events to connect with your colleagues, such as fitness classes, video creation, innovative podcasts, and games nights.
- A rewarding, challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most progressive healthcare digital platform teams in MedTech and help create an entirely new kind of decentralised medical service.
- A flat organisation where you can take on as much responsibility as you can handle.
- A company that is truly entrepreneurial in all that we do. See the company's workings from the ground up, and get involved at every stage of the game. Every team member is key to our success, and the work you do will have a measurable impact.
- An exciting and passionate team with deep expertise in both technology, psychology and design.
We know that great work comes from great proactive, and inclusive teams. At Creative Thinking Institute (CTI), we look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to serve our customers better and grow as colleagues and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, and any other status. CTI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with varied backgrounds- so long as you are a positive, forward-leaning, go-getter, who likes to make things happen and challenge to status quo.
A little about us:
At Creative Thinking Institute (CTI), we believe everyone deserves medical expertise and peace of mind. By enabling a mobile and web-based health platform, we aim to provide clear, secure insights into one's mental, emotional and physical health.
CTI is in a rapid growth phase and currently, as a start-up is just about to release our medically tuned and focussed product in Q1 2021.
We are growing quickly with innovation and connectivity central to our plans.
Through our channel partners, we offer access to like-minded businesses that help us to scale and diversify. We are working with regulators, academic institutions and cutting-edge engineering platforms to accelerate the digital transformation of healthcare in the decade ahead.
Join us to re-imagine the next wave of digital healthcare transformation.
We have many plans ahead and many paths to traverse. Come and throw your hat in the Creative Thinking Institute team!
Does this sound like you?
Email your application to email@example.com